Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kid is always breech. I'm only 20 wks so I'm not really worried or anything but this baby also barely moves into other positions. I think she (could be he but right now I feel it's a she and I don't want to keep saying "it" lol) just really loves the breech position. The only time she turns is when my stomach is upset and I get on my hands and knees with my butt up high in the air (always makes me feel better), then she'll go vertex until about 10 mins later then right back to breech lol. I swear I only feel kicks in ONE place down low.

Ds was the same way except always vertex. He actually bruised one of my ribs because he kicked the same spot for months.

So who's babies are swimming all around and who have fave hang out spots?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Mine seems to enjoy being head down so far.. but I really can't tell position too well with her. She tends to hang out low though and I generally feel movement more on the left side which is where the u/s tech found her.. my boys liked that side too. Must be nice and comfy over there. It seems she also likes to put some part of her body against my belly button which causes it to hurt really bad if she's there but not so much if she's moved. It's weird and I've never felt that in any of my previous pregnancies.

I also stick my butt up in the air in order to get some relief from the pressure I tend to feel in pregnancy.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Breech! I know we shouldn't worry, but I even asked my midwife about it. Of course she said not to even think about it until 34 weeks, but my others were vertec the whole time.
I feel all the movement down low. Shelsi, I'm coing to try the all four position today you described and see if I can notice a change.

·
Registered
451 Posts
This baby is permanently lying in a horizontal position - either tickling my right groin with his fingers or kicking my left groin with his little feet. I've been a tiny bit worried about the position too because he just doesn't seem to want to budge.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Head in my ribs on the right, little feet dancing in the general direction of my pubic bone/bladder.
:
Exactly, that is interesting how a lot of us are feeling the baby breech

Though i really do hope my girl turns around. DH not too crazy about the whole homebirth thing, so I think a breech baby would put him over the edge. Well she has plenty of time to turn so we'll see won't we ladies. We should re-address this topic about every 4-6 weeks to see if they are staying put! what do you think?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Transversely lying babe, here! This little bambino prefers feet on my left, kicking happily. Every once in a day or so, I can feel little pitter-pattering moving across my middle, and eventually a little kicking on the right side, but then the baby decides to move back.

Not going to worry about this at all! The baby will head down in about ten weeks or so, if not earlier. If not, there's always spinningbabies.com!

Clara

·
Registered
362 Posts
My little Ichabod (what my 4 year old told the nurses his baby bro's name is at the ultrasound) does a lot of flipping, seems I can feel the kicks down reallly low when I am lying down, but if I am sitting up or standing/walking, he seems to be almost sideways under my ribs!! I swear if I talk to him, he moves as high as he can get!!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Ok how do you KNOW this?? I have absolutely no idea if I'm feeling hands or feet! Baby is low, usually very, very low, and I know he prefers my left side over the right, b/c that's where the big, tight bump is every night. But, at the sonogram last week he was head down to the right, and then later, when they called me back to take some pics they missed, he was feet down, head straight up, and I couldn't feel or ascertain any difference at all. Wierd.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
Ok how do you KNOW this?? I have absolutely no idea if I'm feeling hands or feet! Baby is low, usually very, very low, and I know he prefers my left side over the right, b/c that's where the big, tight bump is every night. But, at the sonogram last week he was head down to the right, and then later, when they called me back to take some pics they missed, he was feet down, head straight up, and I couldn't feel or ascertain any difference at all. Wierd.
Bethany I only today was able to differentiate what position Sage was in. I could tell where her feet must have been (she was transverse this morning) because of all the kicks so I followed the curve around and figured her head was still more down with her body curled around near my belly button her feet were on the left side. I'm probably totally wrong but it feels like she had a growth spurt and feels bigger so that was how I was able to tell.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Right on my bladder.
Actually, it likes to hang out on my right side. My OB even knows where to look for it with the dopplar. She usually starts out on the center of my belly, and then says, "I don't know why I'm even looking over here. It's always over to the side".
I don't know which is feet and which is hands, but I feel movements right in the center and on the right side.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie37 View Post
My little Ichabod (what my 4 year old told the nurses his baby bro's name is at the ultrasound)...
Awww! This is so cute! And hilariously, my aunt called her youngest son "Ichobod" when he was a toddler, and now I'm thinking of them!

The only way I can tell which is feet and which are hands, is a big old guess! Actually, I feel these little faint, scrabbly flutters which I assume are hands/elbows? And the strong thumps that poke out from the skin I'm calling feet.

Clara

·
Registered
473 Posts
My lil guy's a swimmer. I feel him all over the place all day and all night long! I love it! I don't remember my girls being so active. He does prefer the right side though, that is where I find him most mornings. Except one morning when I woke up he was WAY on the left. I lightly pushed and the movement was SO noticable that he was getting out of the way, it was a little weird
DH says he gets worried about him moving too much because he thinks the cord will wrap around his neck.

Oh, there he goes doing his morning areobics now! LOL

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yesterday we were watching the movie Invincible with Mark Wallberg and the babe was jumping and kicking all over the place. I was joking that we either have a football star or a cheerleader! If it's a boy maybe we'll name him Izzy after our local NFL star! LOL And this babe either loves music or hates my singing voice (wouldn't be the first LOL) cuz everytime I'm belting out a tune babe starts with the constant kicking!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.