Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever we go to the mall or playground, my ds just sticks out (literally) with his big ole' diaper butt, soaker shorts and (often) his Robeez shoes. Then there's me slinging Jack and usually with a boob in his mouth. LOL!

I notice sometimes parents looking at us... not that I care. Its just funny. Dh likes that Will is different from all the other kids....

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Yeah, Solomon (and Darwin when he was in dipes) always has the biggest backside. I find the look kind of annoying. I have a friend who uses cloth and she loves the "big squishy diaper butt" look, as she calls it. She would always be patting her son's bottom and saying that or commenting on my kids' big diaper bums. lol!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
OT - but we laught about Holden's big squishy diaper butt too, all the time. Dd calls him affectionately "big baby butt" often too. Unfortunetely, she told a friend of mine at the beach last week that she had a "big butt" - my friend wasn't pleased, but I know it's becausewe use that as an affectionate term for Holden!! LOL!
:

·
Registered
946 Posts
My child will always stand out to me

However, his booty does not. We wear Bumkins AIOs under his clothing most of the time when we are out in public, and those are just so trim it's not noticable. Sometimes he wears his soakers or soaker shorts, and that sticks out a bit, but no one has ever said anything.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I can tell there is a difference. I don't know if strangers notice though. No one has ever said anything about any of ours ds' butts being big. I am always looking at other kids to see if they are wearing cds though, because I can tell the difference.

Michelle

·
Registered
283 Posts
We attract looks just out of sheer cuteness. (i'm not biased though
) Jack's diapers don't usually look that large under his clothing though. I get a long of positive comments on the sling or backpack. A lot of people want a closer look.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart
I can tell there is a difference. I don't know if strangers notice though. No one has ever said anything about any of ours ds' butts being big. I am always looking at other kids to see if they are wearing cds though, because I can tell the difference.

Michelle
:LOL

Me too! I'm always on the lookout for other big butts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yep, we get comments on her big butt all the time, and of course also on how cute her diaper covers and soakers are! I kind of like it except when people make the silly remark that she is gonna be bowl legged or that she isnt walking yet all because of her dipe.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
It's funny--here, the babies not wearing Robeez stand out. They are the trendiest shoe to have here in Nova Scotia, and EVERYONE has their child in Robeez! But yet, the CD bum does tend to stick out--I can often tell who had a CD on and who doesn't. We have quite a few friends who CD though, so DS doesn't look out of place!

Alison

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Yes, it looks different.....

It's CUTER! haha.

My friend call Caroline her little apple butt.

We don't mind. I know it's what's best for her and I think it's cute. Sometimes I have small regrets over her not fitting into cute little jeans, but oh well.

Summie

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Ds looks "different" too ... we always get all kinds of cool, positive remarks about him in his pouch and also sometimes about his diapers. I try to make a point to change him in public so other's will see. A few other mom's have said, "Oh that looks so soft!" My MIL (who was really skeptical at first) always comments about how ds is such a happy baby because he has such a soft dipe on his bum.
So, yes, we stand out and are really well received because of it!

eta: I'm always on the look-out for big bum kiddos too! Although, we are usually the only one.
But, I have converted one mama by changing ds in public! Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
We often get looks when I'm using the sling. Some people give me strange looks, some smile and others look pleased (generally this is someone who either is using a sling themselves or looks the type to possibly use one.)

Most of the time people don't see her dipes because she is in the sling :LOL. But on occasion a few people have seen them and noticed
. We don't use robeez, we let the kids go barefoot until they can actually walk well so by then it's real shoes. Except in winter they do have their feet covered with socks or slippers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts