Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mamas,<br><br>
First, my almost 2 year old daughter has this horrible habit of picking. I think it all started when she was younger - it began when she would just pick at a mole of mine on my neck while she was nursing. Now she's almost 2 and the picking is VERY annoying. She picks me (especially while nursing), my husband, my mother - and she'll go for the same moles, freckles everytime. She is now also very bad at picking scabs - every scab gets picked as soon as it starts to heal!<br><br>
Second, she'll get in a mood where she says my back hurts, my belly hurts. She just fell on the driveway last week and really hurt herself, so now we have my teeth hurt (we do believe this one..). But even with that, she'll do that when she wants an ice pop since she got this when she was hurt. I have been having back issues for the past year - the pain is pretty bad, so I was complaining alot. Do they just do this b/c they hear us saying it. I know a lot of the time she's just saying it b/c when we distract her, she stops and then goes on her way playing?<br><br>
Anyone else have toddlers who do these things?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Mine has an ear fetish, has since his days nursing. I think they pick a 'thing' and go with it. Should pass someday.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
My dd picks at and digs into my belly button while she nurses. It really hurts and I really hate it, but she is obsessed. She also used to pick at my cuticles, especially at my thumb cuticle when I was carrying her, but she hasn't been doing that lately...knock on wood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts