1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new bed. I am wondering about<br><br>
1. Big Shrimpy Dog Beds<br>
2. William Wegman Dog Beds<br><br><br>
I am wondering if you can wash the inners of the Wegman Bed. Do the stay lofty?<br><br>
Is the Big Shrimpy not lofty enough? Does the fleece just make it super dense?<br><br>
I am tired of poly fill beds that end up lumpy. I do not like the look of foam beds.<br><br>
I am also wondering if anyone has a bed with a mattress in it that they like and where to find it. I have not been able to find one in person so I need some opinions.<br><br>
My requirements are:<br><br>
large<br>
Rectangular<br>
Durable Fabric<br>
Not Cedar Filled.<br>
Not just a bag of poly fill<br><br><br>
I have a For Your Dogs Only Bed. The fabric is great, but I do not like the fill.<br><br>
Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
We have LL Bean ones I bought at the outlet. Have had them for years (8+). The polyfill did stop being cushy. But both the fleece covers and the regular ones have lasted very well and through many a wash. I did find that eventually I had to add padding inside. Once I added some ugly chair cushions I hated. Recently we had a cat urinate in the middle of our bed and killed our not so wonderful foam pad. I cut out the pee area and used the other parts as new insides for the dog beds. Dogs were thrilled. I do not like cedar in the filling and like you am not thrilled with the polyfill since it is not washable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts