Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dog, 11 years old. Sweet, lovely, pretty well-trained. And a cat, 12 years old. And a baby now, 5 weeks old. Obviously the animals far predate the baby. I'm finding it so difficult to juggle the needs of all three and am finding myself feeling annoyed, especially at the dog, just for needing my time and attention (and more exercise!). I tried several times to take the dog and the baby out together, but stopped that once the dog pulled enough to pull the stroller up on two wheels (she's a big dog). Granted, she normally doesn't do that, but it was very extenuating circumstances. So I bought a halti harness for her to stop any pulling she might do. That works well, but my next problem is that mainly I have so little time now that I am combining walks with grocery shopping. I can't take the dog to the store with me. I used to do that, and tie her up out front, until the day I emerged from the store to find a man in the process of walking away with her! So, that's out. Sad, sad world when you can't leave your dog out front of the store. And she loved those outings too. She's very social.<br><br>
Anyway, I feel like the worst pet owner ever! I love my animals, I love the dog, but she's taking the brunt of this change in the household. Anyone BTDT? Any suggestions for me? I guess the only thing is to just suck it up and take her out for walks that don't involve the store, and do the store some other time...but when??? She's an active breed and needs daily exercise otherwise she gets really needy and annoying (like now).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts