Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is 5 years old. Today she has been pee'ing constantly! She even peed on the carpet right in front of DH and I. She's been outside twice sicne 7:00 and went to the bathroom both times. She's outside again and I watched her in the window while I did dishes and she must have squated to pee 4 or 5 more times in the course of 20 minutes.

Anyone know whats wrong with her? Do dogs get diabetes? Would frequent urination be a sign of diabetes?

We can't really afford to take her to the vet right now, she's due for about all her shots...and that will be expensive. Plus getting the frequent urination deal checked out, we really can't afford to spend upwards of $200 on her right now. HELP!!!

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
She may have a bladder infection, 5 is pretty young for diabetes and she'd likely have more symptoms than just frequent urination.
If you can't take her to the vet at least get her on a cranberry supplement (in capsule form)
Is he licking her vulva a lot?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I would first suspect a UTI as well. You do not have to get the vaccinations right now. I see that you are anti-vax, many anti-vaxers are also anti-pet-vaxers. It is something worth looking into.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't ususally get shots for animals, seems silly to me. But the only vet in town won't see animals unless they are up to date on all shots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.