Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll!

My mom called me up this morning and asked if I knew where she could find some leather booties to put on her little pooch (pomeranian) to keep his feet from being burned in the Arizona summer heat. I told her that I didn't, but that I'd ask around and see what kinds of things are available.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I'm not sure if puff paint would be enough of an insulator against the heat- do you know how heat resisant it is? Day temps here are easily 110 in the summer, with sidewalk temps even higher.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I don't know whether it would protect enough--but I also know that putting shoes on a Pom can be difficult. They have such a tiny paw, and it's almost as wide as the leg (with all the hair it should actually be smaller than the leg, but you can squish the hair a little). She'll need to find a shoe that's more like a column than a "shoe."

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much guys--I've been looking around and I have to agree, the pom has tiny little feetsies and I'm sure my mom is going to have a tough time keeping them on him using anything short of super-glue, not that I would consider that an option...
:

I appreciate your thoughtful responses!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.