Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having daughter #2 this winter and dd#1 wil be 28m old. Right now she LOVES babies and wantes to hold her month old cousin all the time. I am looking for a good doll/sling/cloth diaper to give her when to baby is born. I think it would be fun for her to take care of her baby while I take care of her little sister.
I did EBF her and will with this one too. I "nurse" her baby dolls right now and will show her how she can with her babies too. I wouldnt mind if the doll had the ability to be bottle fed as well as she really likes to do that with other babies.

I guess I just need some advice on a nice doll/sling you have seen/enjoyed. I want something quality, nice looking, not too mechanical. Anotomically correct would be great too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Personally, I like Waldorf-style dolls. But that's my personal bias- I like playthings that are more open-ended and encourage creativity. And the Waldorf dolls are nice to cuddle- all warm and wooly!!

But on the sling front.... Hotslings has those cute kids' slings, and Maya Wrap does, too. Some WAHMs sell their slings in kid sizes. I'd go with one that is similar to the one that you'd be using, so your kid would be just like mama! What sling are you planning on using?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't decided on a sling yet. For her I used a Baby Bjorn and a New Native, but I think the New Native was too big and thats why it didn't work so well for me. So I am thinking of selling it and getting a KangarooKorner? I haven't tried them on yet.

I also just looke dup some Waldorf Dolls, they are so nice! I am not sure I can do $100 though. Maybe I will look at some of the kits for Grandma to make!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I got dd a doll from Pottery Barn Kids that I really (and she does too!) love. It's linen, very plain, just a little detailing on the face, but that's it. Very soft and cuddley, and it's about the size of a real albeit small baby. I bought it on clearance (it had a halloween costume on, but we just took it off!) for $2.99!!! That is by far the bast deal I've ever found!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah- the sizing on the New Native is really broad, so it's hard to get the right size. I've heard good things about the Kangaroo Korner. But it'd be cute to get you and dd matching slings!

If grandma is willing to sew Waldorf dolls, that'd be really special. Something to treasure. I sew our own for the girls, too. A good book to start with is called Kinderdolls. Very comprehensive Waldorf doll-making book- for all types of dolls. Maybe Grandma can make simple dolls for babe, too!

but- 2.99 for a linen doll! Wow! Good deal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.