Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a dollhouse for Grace, and I want to make a Waldorf-styled doll for it. You know, the big Kathe Kruse type? Does anyone have a pattern for something like that? I want something that is about 2/3 height of a Barbie, that I can make cute clothes for. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you can get hold of a copy of More Magic Wool by Angelika Wolk Gerche, she has dollhouse dolls that you make with pipe cleaners and wool. You wind the skin color wool around the pipe cleaners, then keep adding different colors for the clothes. (You could omit this step and then make clothes out of fabric). Then she has you felt them so they're more durable.

I'm planning to make some for my dd.

·
Registered
370 Posts
"Toymaking with Children" bt Freya Jaffke also has instructions for a pipecleaner body wrapped with wool. They also describe how you can encase the body in skin fabric. There are some simple clothes instructions. The heads are wool covered in skin, so pretty much like a bigger Waldorf doll. It's a really neat book overall. I'm making a doolhouse from it with branches and pine boards.
Janine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.