Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took a Dollar store preg. test & it says I am (yay--I hope!)....technically...but the 2nd line is faint. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did a dollar store prego test, and it came out very positive. Now, here I am ready to pop. I would scrounge to get the money for one more and try it again. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
If it's got color, I'd trust it...of course I'd also test again in the morning with something else, too.
(I'm a POASaholic) I lOVE $ store tests and have always had reliable, early results with them (my first ones were often very light).

Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
well i bought an expinsive one and it said i wasn't even when i was 2 months. and the generic one from the dollar store said i wasn't also. so then i took another one which was a generic one from wal mart. the second line was very faint but it was there. then when i took it out again 2 hrs later to show hubby the second line was actually gone. very strange. but it was correct because i am due this coming friday.lol.

·
Registered
808 Posts
A line is a line. You're pregnant! Congrats!

For my last 2 pregancies I used Dollar Tree tests on DPO 10 and the line came out very faint. It was only because I was "a little pregnant"

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
At 11dpo I got an extremely faint, barely there
on the dollar tree test. I took an Answer brand test at the same time and it was a dark, glaring
. I think the Dollar store tests are cheap for a reason, but not inaccurate.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
as a surro I Peed on about 60 tests some of witch are $ store tests... they were as accurate as the others.. and I had alot of others lol

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I had, ahem, several faint positives with dollar store brand tests. Quite accurate I think. They got darker every day, but I got my first (very very very) faint pos on day 11 or 12 I think.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
i think they're very accurate as long as you read them within the time frame. after the 15 minutes or so i would often get an evaporation line- however they weren't pink. i got my first very faint +'s at 10dpo with both FRER and $ Tree and the $ Tree ones were darker than the FRER.

congratulations! i'd say you're pregnant!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I LOVE $$ tree tests! With this pregnancy I got a VERY faint Positive at 8dpo. I took one everyday and they just kept getting darker . My next favorite is Target Brand tests. I got a pretty clear positive at 9dpo.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Another Dollar Store tester. LOL. I only went to the dollar store to get a $1 test to PROVE to my neighbor that I WAS NOT pregnant. Well I'm due in March. Haha.

I also told my best friend about this and she said she got a negative with an EPT or some pricey brand. But she heard the $ store test are more sensitive, so she went and bought one the same day and got a possitive. She is due Jan 1.

So IMO, they are very accurate!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I got my tests at the dollar tree. The line showed up in about 15 seconds!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Worked for me to with this pregnancy and the one before. This one was pretty faint at 11dpo but no squinting or manipulating the test to see it lol. I only tested because I had gotten up in the night to pee. And surprise suprise it was positive. I love dollar tree tests because I dont have to feel guilty about waisting money lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
From what I understood false positives are very, very rare on any test including the dollar store ones.
I think the dollar store ones tend to be less sensitive and so have a higher false NEGATIVE rate.
When I was ttc I always bought three tests at a time since I knew I wouldn't be satisfied w/ the results of just one. . . heck it's only 3 dollars!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hi! I LOVE dollar tree test. In my experience they are sometimes better than the expensive brands and they detect pregnancy earlier than alot of the expensive ones (except FRER). In fact, yesterday I got a bfp on Dollar Tree test!

BTW, yes sometimes the lines are faint. Mine came up right away but was faint *but* Pink and wide!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.