Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
I'd really like to hear about anyone's experience using Domperidone. My last thread was titled: "I am trying it all, I think"... well, I haven't tried that to boost my supply, and think that maybe I should. My baby is still getting 60-80% nourishment from formula, the remainder from me...<br>
Thank you for your perspectives on this.<br><br>
Kim

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Kim. Domperidone was the only thing that made a difference for me. I had major supply issues from the beginning due to a really crappy birth experience that included preeclampsia for me and NICU time for one of my babies. I worked for 3 months trying to get to the point of being able to fully bf both babies when the fact of the matter was I wasn't even making enough to fully feed one baby. I truly tried everything except Domperidone (including Reglan; later I found out that an old friend of mine went through severe postpartum depression after she took Reglan).<br><br>
Finally, at around 3 months, I "self-prescribed" Domperidone and ordered it from New Zealand. Within a matter of days I was finally fully bf'ing one baby. The other baby (the one with the NICU experience) had his own bf'ing issues and though I was able to pump a little for him I was never able to get him fully on the breast. Still, I was thrilled to finally be able to fully bf my other little guy. Here we are now at 6.5 months and he is still fully on the breast other than 2 servings of rice cereal a day.<br><br>
I started out on 800 mg a day. When I went back to work at 4.5 months, I increased my dosage to the maximum - 1600mg - to forestall a supply dip. I am currently in the process of cutting back from that. I have had no side effects at all and have been thoroughly pleased with the results. I would highly recommend trying it. I know how frustrating supply issues can be, and for me Domperidone changed everything.<br><br>
Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts