Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what all of you think about my situation. I have been giving my 28 month old son donated breastmilk from a very good friend of mine. Would this be considered breastfeeding even though I am not giving my son the breastmilk from my breast and it is being given to him from a bottle? I just don't know if it is the same as breastfeeding and if I should tell people when they ask if I am still breastfeeding my son.

What do all of you think?

Kristy
Mom to Rebecca (12) and David (28 months)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I would not consider that breastfeeding. I would say he gets breastmilk in a cup. When I think of "breastfeeding" its a baby nursing from a woman's breast. I think its great that you are getting your son breastmilk though!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you...I didn't think it would have been called breastfeeding either but I wasn't sure with him getting breastmilk as opposed to regular milk. Thanks for your support about me giving him breastmilk. He really needs the extra boost to his immune system so that is why I am doing it for him.

Thanks for your reply.

Kristy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I think it is great too how she has so selfishly given me her extra breastmilk that she pumps out on the weekends so my son can have some breastmilk to help his immune system. Thanks for your support.

Kristy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.