Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided that I going to dontate my BM and found someone close to me and we were going to meet yesterday before 2pm... I called her and left a msg around 1130 to find out what time they were leaving... Waited and waited it was 145pm and she calls to say that everything that could of gone wrong went wrong... babies got sick and her car broke down.... I totally understand babies getting sick and car braking down.... Im upset bcs she didnt even bother calling to say sorry were not going to make it until the LAST min.... urrrrgh... I'm not sure I want to donate to them any more... I know if it was me who was in need I would make every attempt to be there.... I dont know what to think anymore.... Any suggestions would be good

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's what I found too... there was a girl near here when I was nursing DS1 that had a little baby girl with o. imperfecta, brittle bone disease. I had 300 oz frozen and offered it to her to help with the healing process from the bone breaks. The mom looked at me like I had 3 heads. I was so insulted and annoyed.

I ended up donating 760 oz to the local milk bank, well it's an hour away. I know it's not the best route, but they made me feel great about it. The director said my milk was so yellow that she tested it. It came back at 23 calories per ounce. No wonder DS1 was such a chunk, he was 33 lbs at 16 months. She also forwarded me some of the thank you letters from those I've helped. It made me feel really good. Check out www.hmbana.org for the milk bank listing.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
It was inconsiderate, yes. But I think I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, in that she's probably overwhelmed and not able to cope well. I guess since I've been at that point before, actually for quite a long stretch of time, when life was just really tough to deal with, even basic stuff like that, that I assume that could be happening to others too. I don't know if there's another day you two could get together, or just try to find someone else in need.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Why is this in this forum? This forum is full of mamas who are so very thankful for whatever donor milk we can get! Please move this ... it does nothing for those of us who struggle with low supply everyday!
:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
OP, I'm really sorry you've had a frustrating experience. It sounds like this person isn't particularly committed to getting breast milk for her baby, and isn't showing much respect for your time.

I do encourage you to not judge MilkShare or recipient mamas in general based on this one experience. I know that lots of people here have had very positive experiences both donating and receiving breast milk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.