Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sandra Bullock gave $1M.

The "kissing saint" of India, a (Hindu?) female religious leader, gave $22M. I can't find a link to this on the web, I saw it on CNN TV.

I am surprised the "liberal elite" of Hollywood haven't been donating in droves already. A lot of them make a lot more than Bullock. Tom Cruise? Tom Hanks? Jim Carey?

John Travolta bought himself an $11M zeppelin for Xmas. Where is he now?

Hopefully they are all consulting with their accountants and will get on the ball soon.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Perhaps some just choose not to be public about it...could that be possible?

Not everyone needs/wants public recognition for doing what's right either.

Not everyone wants to serve as some sort of example.

Just a couple thoughts, that's all.

Joyce in the mts.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Yeah, I think if I were a celebrity I wouldn't want to invite the judgment on how much I gave or whom I decided to support...I would probably be discreet about it. I assume most people who have a lot of money are giving in some way--how can you have a heart at all and not want to do something?

I mean unless you're Bush, in which case you should probably just keep enjoying your holiday

·
Registered
0 Posts
You know though, her one million won't deprive her of a full cart of groceries the way a typical citizen's donation of one hundred might. She doesn't really deserve that much praise, generous as she might be. And she is, I am not trying to say she is not. But it's the ordinary person who makes small sacrifices to give that is the real hero.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.