Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks before periods I am really stressed out, my liver starts acting up as become very sensitive to caffine and started waking up at night so wanted to try Dong Quai. Has anyone used Dong Quai to balance hormones?

· Registered
1,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolgirl View Post
Two weeks before periods I am really stressed out, my liver starts acting up as become very sensitive to caffine and started waking up at night so wanted to try Dong Quai. Has anyone used Dong Quai to balance hormones?
Yes I have used it with great success. It sounds though that my hormonal issues are very different from yours. I mean I have very irregular menstrual cycles and low progesterone. I haven taken dong quai to get a period before and it works quickly. Dong quai promotes bleeding so you don't want to take while on your period.

Are you regular? Do you get bad PMS? Have you had your hormones checked?
Perhaps you need some liver support. Your liver helps to regulate your hormones so maybe some liver support or mild detox could be beneficial. Vitex is also good at balancing hormones. Just my thoughts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cycle starts on time but is very sluggish for first three days which points towards adrenal and thyroid insufficiency so last month took licorice and it gave the jump started needed.
Ye, I suffer from full blown PMS
(
My liver definitely needs support but how???? Milk thistle lowers my blood sugar, dandelion lion being diuretic makes me go to restroom all the time, currently taking Liv52 by himalya but really wants some other product to rotate it with. What do you use for liver support?
In what areas Dong Quai helped you?

· Registered
10,748 Posts
I had an ellipsis instead of a period. 3 days on, a couple days off, 2 days on, a few days off, 2 days on, then to the next month. Tried the Dong Quai for about 6 weeks and I gained 5 pounds and had the same cycle as always. So it didn't work for what I wanted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.