Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am pregnant but not sure when I'm due.  This is mostly just a vent about that :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had my lmp on sept 7 or 8 and when my period was due again I started to wonder if I might be pregnant.  I kept checking my cervix, and it was high and closed, and did not feel like it does when I am about to have my period.   Shortly after that I started to feel totally exhausted all the time, but otherwise good.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried testing, but I got negative urine tests.  At about 6 weeks after my lmp I went for a blood test, also negative.  I finally got a postive urine test on nov 6, which I guess(ed) was about 8 weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, this is different from my last two pregnancies.  I didn't get positives right away with them, but it only took about 10 days.  My period has been regular, 4-5 weeks long, since I got it back after my son, and I had it for over a year.  Another thing throwing me off is morning sickness... I didn't start feeling nauseous until 10 weeks and am feeling quite sick now... with my last two pregnancies I was sick right away and feeling better around 12-13 weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I haven't gone totally public but I have told a few people I am due in June... but now I think signs are pointing to July.  I can't find my fundus.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know baby will come when she/he comes, and that it will be a lot more clear in a few weeks... but I hate not knowing!  And I know that if I realize I am due a few weeks later than I initially though, I am going to feel really overdue when my baby doesn't come in June.  I am not someone who can be totally zen about it, I like to know!  Not badly enough to go get an ultrasound, but I am definitely thinking about it.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone had similar experience? </p>

·
Registered
148 Posts
<p>I haven't btdt, but I have 2 good friends that have. One thought she was 7-8 wks along by lmp, but u/s showed her to be 4w2d... Then her baby was born at "37weeks" but showed all sorts of signs of post dates(more like her lmp was accurate) - like THICK mec (literally ropes of it around his body), zero vernix,calcifications running through the placenta like a road map and 7.5 pounds...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The other friend had neg tests like you did for a long time and when she got an u/s it showed her right on dates with her lmp. Her baby was born at 39w6d and was seemingly right on target for g/a.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dunno if that helps you at all... Imo, friend #1 was blessed by having her edd moved since she was using an OB who didn't intervene with her being "late" since they thought she wasn't. Plus she didn't have to deal with the emotional roller coaster of being "overdue".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd probably start telling ppl edd of July and then surprise yourself with a June Bug. :)</p>

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
<p>If you are comfortable with it, you should probably consider a dating ultrasound.</p>

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
<p>I'm pretty textbook in that my fundus reaches my navel right at 20 weeks.  If you know this is true for you, (or know the variation for you) check at what you think 20 weeks is and compare.</p>

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>I am going to wait and see where I am at 20 weeks.  Im figuring if I haven't felt a real kick by 17 weeks, and if my fundus isnt at my navel at 20 weeks, I will know I am not as far along.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am not comfortable getting a dating ultrasound.</p>

·
Registered
99 Posts
<p>This happened with my current pregnancy. Those boys were waiting as soon as the egg dropped so I didn't even realize I had ovulated. I had been checking my cervix but it was all over the place. Firm on day soft the next, high, low, sensitive you name it. Then I got a light period at the end of April. I figured it was just an odd cycle and thought nothing of it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We had just moved into a new house when I started getting tired. I figured it was the move, then a couple of days later I bent over to pick up some laundry and almost threw up right there in the basket. I immediatly ran to the bathroom and whipped out my last HPT. Sure enough we were preggers with #3. I was certain that based on my LMP I was 4 weeks pregnant because that is when the morning sickness had started with my first 2 daughters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The blood test was shockingly different. The numbers were saying more like 8 weeks. Impossible. Sure enough after I argued with the doctor he ordered an ultrasound and I was 9 weeks pregnant at that time. I have a history of preterm labor so dating was very important for me knowing I would have to see a perinatoligist and get a cerclage at 12 weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would also be telling people July and semi planning/thinking June just in case.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
<p>My friend that has 10 and UC'ed her last 4 or 5, can't recall, usually conceives her first egg out and subsequently doesn't know exactly when she conceived b/c she has not any cycles while nursing as a frame of reference. She does not have U/S and just goes w/ the flow. By middle of pregnancy she usually has a good idea when to expect baby, but w/ her last the baby was over a month later than she thought might be. He came just fine full term.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts