Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to tell you my story for those of you who have problems with getting pregnant.

I became pregnant with my daughter in 2007, after 8 months of trying.
After her birth I didn't think about a second child but at the same time didn't use any means of contraception.
2 years later I got pregnant again, but it didn't last long and I had a miscarriage very early on.
At this moment both I and my husband realized, that we really wanted a second child.
Again 2 years later, I fell pregnant, this time everything seemed fine, although there was this feeling inside me, that told me something wasn't right. I went to the hospital because I had some spotting and was worried. Even after they told me, that everything would be fine, I didn't believe it. It turned out I was right.
At 9 weeks I had a miscarriage again, or so I thought. After the bleeding subsided, I went to the OB to see if I needed an D&C. She said that apart from the fact that I miscarried, everything was fine.
After we went home from the OB, I suddenly was in great pain. It was too much to take and I immediately knew something wasn't right. I told my husband to take me to the hospital asap and so he did. Turned out I had an ectopic pregnancy and my fallopian tube burst. They had to remove it in a emergency surgery.
Now for the "hope-part" :wink:

4 years later and I'm finally pregnant with my second child, and what's special about it is: The egg came from my "tube-less" ovary! And on top of that, I didn't have an ovulation for months before getting pregnant.

So no matter what the situation, if it's bound to happen, it will happen :smile:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you for a little light in the darkness, congratulations, I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to tell you my story for those of you who have problems with getting pregnant.

I became pregnant with my daughter in 2007, after 8 months of trying.
After her birth I didn't think about a second child but at the same time didn't use any means of contraception.
2 years later I got pregnant again, but it didn't last long and I had a miscarriage very early on.
At this moment both I and my husband realized, that we really wanted a second child.
Again 2 years later, I fell pregnant, this time everything seemed fine, although there was this feeling inside me, that told me something wasn't right. I went to the hospital because I had some spotting and was worried. Even after they told me, that everything would be fine, I didn't believe it. It turned out I was right.
At 9 weeks I had a miscarriage again, or so I thought. After the bleeding subsided, I went to the OB to see if I needed an D&C. She said that apart from the fact that I miscarried, everything was fine.
After we went home from the OB, I suddenly was in great pain. It was too much to take and I immediately knew something wasn't right. I told my husband to take me to the hospital asap and so he did. Turned out I had an ectopic pregnancy and my fallopian tube burst. They had to remove it in a emergency surgery.
Now for the "hope-part" :wink:

4 years later and I'm finally pregnant with my second child, and what's special about it is: The egg came from my "tube-less" ovary! And on top of that, I didn't have an ovulation for months before getting pregnant.

So no matter what the situation, if it's bound to happen, it will happen :smile:
Congratulations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts