Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm pregnant 29+1 weeks and I have a double uterus, double cervix and a vaginal septum ( uterus didelphys ). I know that most women with UD give birth through a c-section, but my doctor said that if my baby is positioned right, which she was during my last visit, there would be no reason for me to have a c-section. I feel like I have not been informed about different complications. Searching online I always find that there could be complications during natural birth, but what kind of complications exactly? I'm very scared of giving birth naturally and I would lean towards a c-section myself, but my doctor probably wouldn't let me decide if I don't know about different complications. Can anyone please tell me what kind of complications could occur during natural birth with this syndrome? I know that my vaginal septum could tear and sex life would probably not be the same after giving birth. I feel like this is a part of my body and I wouldn't want to have it tear up. :(

Thank you !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try to get some professional advice.

Hi Anett,
There is a chance for your vaginal septum to tear during natural birth. But I don’t think that it can affect your sexual life. I know people who had similar experience like yours. Only one of them had C section birth. I would personally advise you to hear what your doctor said rather than searching online. Because, we can’t guarantee that all the information present online are true false. But doctors have experience and vast knowledge about the topic. So, it is better to let them decide. But, you should aware that you can sue the doctor if any medical malpractice found. If you still have doubts, consult with a health adviser or a medical malpractice lawyer like Sommers and Roth in Toronto. I said this because, such people have a lot of experience on this situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts