Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Anyone know where I might find a doula in the Columbia area?  I am due the end of March and I can not go through birth with only DH as my support person again.  Last time I had to call my mother in law in to help support DH so I could focus on giving birth.  Which I don't mind doing again, but since she and my father in law will be watching both small ones this time, it is probably easier to just have someone there for me from the start.  DH just has trouble seeing me in pain, which is a great thing except when I am in labor.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So any suggestions would be great.   It will be a second VBAC at Howard County General Hospital, so not a home birth. Thanks a lot for any suggestions.</p>

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
<p>Laura Marks 301-467-8725 not far away in Silver Spring.  Teaches hypnobirthing and does massage therapy in addition to doula work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Lorrie Leigh</p>

·
Registered
509 Posts
<p>I'd recommend Jen Verdery - </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span class="purple12" style="font-family:Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,0,102);">Jenyfer Verdery</span><br>
(831) 236-1885<br><a href="mailto:[email protected]" style="font-family:Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,0,102);font-weight:normal;text-decoration:underline;">[email protected]</a><br>
 </p>

·
Registered
43 Posts
<p>Doula Match is a great site to find local doulas. I work with a number of doulas in the area and they are all fantastic.  Emily Pelton was my doula and I love to recommend her to others.  Feel free to PM me if you would like more names and numbers and specifics.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Danielle</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts