Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,<br><br>
We are planning a homebirth in January. My dd will have just turned 4 ealier that month. I have two wonderful midwives who will be attending me. My dh, mom, and 16 yr old sister will also be there. I don't have a support person for my dd. My midwives suggested looking into a student or new doula who would possibly be her support person at a lower cost than what I would pay for full doula fees. My dd and her support person may be present for the birth, or may not be, depending on my dd's comfort level at the time. She says she wants to watch and I would like her to be present, but obviously not if she is overwhelmed or upset.<br><br>
Does anyone have any suggestions for me into finding this type of support person? I haven't yet contacted a local doula organization - thought I'd try here first.<br><br>
We live in Little Canada, which is between Maplewood, Roseville and White Bear Lake - right where 694 and 35E meet.<br><br>
Thanks!<br>
Tracy

·
Registered
405 Posts
Check out <a href="http://www.childbirthcollective.org" target="_blank">www.childbirthcollective.org</a>. It is a group of doulas, midwives, and others who are involved with pregnancy and childbirth. Up north they meet one time a month, but I think in Mpls, they meet more often (twice a month). On the website there should be contact numbers or e-mail addresses for their members and a schedule for meetings. We found our doula through the collective and they may be able to point you in the right direction to what you are looking for. Good luck!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I should give credit where credit is due. . . I found out about the Collective and its website here! Otherwise I would have had no idea where to start!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
As a homebirth mama and a doula, please give me a call and we can talk! My number is 651-552-6795.<br><br>
I would love to talk about what you are looking for!<br><br>
Sarah

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I also would love to talk about homebirth in general!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Tracy,<br><br>
We had Jesse Weber at Astrid's birth. We hired her specifically to be of support to Lola. Lola loved and really clicked with her and Jesse did a really nice job of being present for her. I'm not sure if Jesse would be willing or able to help you but I highly recommend her and encourage you to give her a call. Racheal and Ally should have her contact information.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Jesse was my doula for Kettie (my second daughter, first homebirth).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts