Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for those who only nap once a day...what time does your toddler get up and then what time is the nap (ie. how long are they awake before crashing)? I'd really really like to transition to one nap and I think ds is ready, but he gets up so early in the am (5 or 530am) and I don't want to keep him up too long...but then how long after his nap until bedtime??

Thanks!
Kori

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
My 17 month old DD dropped to one nap about 6 months ago, and she's always started her nap about 4 hours after she wakes up. That leaves a long time after her nap but before her bedtime, but it's never bothered her and seems to be what she likes.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
DD23mos gets up around 6-6:30. We do an early lunch and she's usually ready to nap at noon (although some days it can be as early as 11:15). She'll generally nap for two hours, sometimes longer. She goes to bed around 8.

We've been on this schedule since she was about 16mos.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
My dd is 19 months and moved to one nap at about 8 or 9 months. She usually wakes up between 6:30 and 8 (depending on when daddy wakes up and makes a racket, lol.) She usually falls asleep between 10:30 and 2, but it really depends on her day. Today she woke up at 7:45 and fell to sleep at 11:00 in the car. Sometimes she naps for an hour, sometimes three. She usually goes to sleep at night around 9:30 or 10.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
dd wakes at about 8, naps at about noon until 2, goes to bed about 8:30. I have always used her temperment at the time as a guide for her sleeptimes. She became a once a day napper at 11 months. Good luck

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Well, we keep abnormal toddler hours around here, but dd wakes up around 9:30 and takes her nap starting sometime between 2 and 4.

-Angela

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaKat
DD23mos gets up around 6-6:30. We do an early lunch and she's usually ready to nap at noon (although some days it can be as early as 11:15). She'll generally nap for two hours, sometimes longer. She goes to bed around 8.

We've been on this schedule since she was about 16mos.
This is almost exactly what DS does (except he wakes up around 7:00 and goes to bed at 8:30). I WOH, so this is his schedule at daycare and he seems to mimic it at home, unless we're doing something out of the house and then some days he'll skip a nap or take a quick one in the car. He functions best with a 2.5 hour nap. DS has never really fought sleep, so he's good about just telling us when he's tired and letting us lay him down to sleep whenever he needs it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
DD wakes between 8 and 9, naps after lunch from about 1 to 4 and is ready for bed as early as 7. (She's an amazing sleeper!)

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
DS went to one nap at about 18 months. He gets up at 7, goes down for his nap from 11 to 2, then goes to bed for the night at 7:30. So he's up for 4 hours in the morning and 5.5 hours at night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my 18mo ds wakes up at 5:30-6:30am, takes nap at about 9:00-10:00am, he sleeps for 1.5-2hrs, then is up for the rest of the day. he is SO ready for bed at 7:00pm. he started this napping at 17mo.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My 13mo DS gets up around 7:30 and is usually ready for a nap between 10 & 10:30. He'll sleep anywhere from 1hr to 2.5 hrs (usually closer to the former than the latter). He's ready for bed around 7 or 7:30. :yawning:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
My ds went to one nap around 6 months. He was napping from 1-4 and sleeping from 8-8. He had stopped napping completely by the time he turned 2.

My dd dropped to 1 nap around 7-8 months. She wakes up around 7:30, naps from 12-2 or 3, and goes to bed around 9. Sadly, I'm seeing signs of her wanting to give up her nap too.
:

·
Registered
532 Posts
My dd went to one nap around 13 mos (last month!). She's up around 8, naps around noon, up around 3, and to bed around 8. (And she still wakes overnight.)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My dd (14 months) is just in the process of transitioning to one nap. If she wakes early (5:30-6am) she'll usually take 2 naps (around 8:30am and 1pm). But lately, she's been waking up around 7am so she doesn't go down for a nap until somewhere between 11am and 1pm. It all depends on the type of morning we're having. She usually naps for about 2 hours if she only takes one nap and is ready for bed by about 6-7pm. She's always been an early to bed girl.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Emma wakes up between 8 and 9 and is usually ready for a nap sometimes between 12 and 1. she will sleep for 2-3 hrs and then goes to bed between 8 and 9

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
My daughter went to one nap around 15 months. She typically wakes around 7am, ready for nap between noon and 1, sleeps until 2 or 3, then in bed for bedtime around 8pm.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by limabean
DS went to one nap at about 18 months. He gets up at 7, goes down for his nap from 11 to 2, then goes to bed for the night at 7:30. So he's up for 4 hours in the morning and 5.5 hours at night.
This sounds dreamy
:

My child is a fighter of sleep. Has been since she was about 2 months old.
I cannot even share a schedule with you! Ha ha! I take it when I can get it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by leximom
dd wakes at about 8, naps at about noon until 2, goes to bed about 8:30. I have always used her temperment at the time as a guide for her sleeptimes. She became a once a day napper at 11 months. Good luck

Ditto on my DD! Except she went to one nap about a month earlier.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts