Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p> Has anyone been watching Downsized on WeTV? It highlights a formerly wealthy family who have hit hard economic times and must learn to live on a much smaller budget. I think it's pretty new - I've only caught a few episodes so far.</p>

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
<p>I've watched three or four episodes. I think what makes this different is that this family was really wealthy before the economic crash... they took seven kids out to eat and to shop as if there was no tomorrow when they had the money.. so now they are broke and tensions get a bit charged sometimes. Maybe the riches to rags thing is appealing to some? I don't think it would be nearly as interesting otherwise.</p>

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
<p>I've been watching but missed the last episode or two. I can't help but feel bad for Bailey when she sees her step-sister get a car and be able to go to prom but she can't afford it. I thought the meeting with the financial advisor was great especially when he told herto stop paying for coffee. It showed how expenses can be cut in a family. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts