Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I would really like for my cpf's to be a little softer, but have been afraid of using any fabric softners, because I had read that they would cause the dipes to repel. Of course, then I have read about some mamas here using Downy Advanced. How is DA different from X fabric softener? Have you mamas had problems with repelling since starting with DA? How much do you use, and on what dipes? Where do you put it in your washing routine? Right now, I am doing a cold soak, hot wash with Arm and Hammer, and a cold rinse with vinegar. PLease let me know your experiences - and what dipes I should absolutely NOT use DA on!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I started using it a few months ago on my nappy terrycloth dipes. They were feeling rough. It fixed the problem and I've never had any issues with repelling. They still work great as far as absorbing urine.

I've heard some don't like to use it on fleece because it can cause them to repel.

Darshani

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use it on my ubcpf's and they come out super soft. I don't use it everytime but mainly because I forget, lol! I use it in the last rinse and I use just a tiny bit. I don't actually measure it but I know it's way less than what one would use in a regular load of laundry. I haven't had any problems using it at all and I LOVE how soft the cpf's are now due to using it. I like the smell of it too but some mamas don't.

Absolutely don't use it on any fleece type diaper such as a FB or a HH. I wouldn't use them on any hemp either but that's just my opinion.

HTH

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been wondering about the Downey Adv. myself. Just curious, but why would it be bad to use it on hemp? These are the dipes I have feeling the most "crunchy" right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I have used it on fleece and it doesn't repell. They werent pocket diapers. Just the fleece topped doublers from SMJAE.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
LOVE this stuff! I use it on ALL my diapers, pockets, fleece whatever, hemp, sherpa it is the BEST on hemp it makes is SUPER soft, and lets face it hemp fleece can get REALLY stiff and rough if you use nothing for a long while, I was feeling bad because it felt scratchy. Now they are soft as butter even if I dry them on the line. The smell is a BIT strong, but I am used to it now, I love it on all my stuff, regular clothes, diapers, and especially towels! YAY DA!! LOL

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have used it as well (though not every wash) and it really does make all my dipes incredibly soft. I haven't noticed any problems with the fleece repelling after using it, either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.