Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used Dr. Billing's "Ovulation Method"? it just checks cervical mucus and not temp or anything else. i've read his book and looked at the online resources. BUT, i'm wondering about checking cervical mucus. the book says not to do an 'internal' exam. so, WHERE exactly do i check it? inside or outside the inner labia, maybe?? if anyone has taken a class in this method, can you tell me where you check?
thanks.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I haven't taken a Billings class, but I have taken a Creighton class, and they're pretty similar. Generally, you check when you use the bathroom. Fold toilet paper and wipe front to back. As you wipe, make note of if you feel any dryness or sliminess/slipperiness. The latter is a sign of fertility. After you wipe, look at the toilet paper to examine your sample. I count anything I can catch on toilet paper as my sample.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Not to hijack the thread.
JMJ~ We are taking the Creighton Method classes starting Sat. Whats your opinion on it?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yep, what JMJ said. You wipe before you "go" to the bathroom, and after you are "done." EVERY TIME that you use the bathroom, even at night. You are keeping track of the most fertile mucus that you see all day until bedtime, and then you record that on your chart. Depending on the person, you may only have one "sample" of fertile type mucus in a day, so you do have to be vigilant, but it really does become second nature after a few months.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I used it when TTC DD and found it really helpful to determine my fertile time! Although not TTC I still rely on the wiping to assesss my CM to prevent pregnancy.
It was just easier for me b/c I wasn't being accurate with temps and wanted something quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.