Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I was actually wondering yesterday if I could use it to wash dishes in the dishwasher....<br>
I know it would have to be a really tiny amount to prevent suds from flooding out the door, but has anyone here tried it?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Don't know about this. I love the 7th gen dishsoap.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I think Sal's Suds says to use 1.5 teaspoons so maybe try that much soap.<br><br>
I don't know about using it in a dishwasher. Although I think someone here said she uses some baking soda, borax and 3 DROPS of Dawn so maybe you could try doing that with Dr. B's??

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I've used Dr. B's to wash dishes, and I don't like it at all. Because it's oil-based, the sudsing breaks down very quickly and then you just have oily water to wash your dishes. Plus, it leaves spots and a residue on some things. The amount I had to use to get my dishes clean was more than I wanted given how much it costs. I ended up switching back to 7th Gen and Ecover, and I'm much happier with them.<br><br>
Never tried it in the dishwasher, but the PP's idea was good. I think that it wouldn't make much difference if you just left it out of that recipe though. There's even been some discussion here of whether or not you need ANY kind of detergent to wash your dishes, considering how hot the water is. I keep forgetting I want to try it! Tomorrow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts