Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you use Dr. Bronners for laundry and dishes and if so how much do you put in, especially for the laundry....and does it work as well as normal laundry detergent???

I'm trying to find an option for dishes and laundry that (1.) doesn't force me to buy so many plastic containers, and (2.) is more cost effective.

Some of the stuff you buy at the co-op that you fill yourself is a lot more than just buying Seventh Generation soaps. I don't want to use so many containers, but if it's going to actually cost me more to buy in bulk -- geez!

Anyway, what's your experience with Dr. Bronners and how much do you usually have to pay if you buy it in the gallon jugs?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Right now I use Dr. B's as body wash and as a base for me shampoo. I didn't like it for dishes. I use Ecover dish soap diluted half with water for hand washing. I use Method for laundry. I am on the hunt for automatic dish soap but havent found anything I liek yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
we use dr bronners for everything, the pepermint scented. we have found it repeals bugs for sheets ( we have a therapy clinic and do the laundry), and our son knows the smell as home. yes, we dilute and use for dishes, wouldnt know how it compares to other dishwashers at this point cause its all we use!LOL! we buy in gallons , over the internet, health food stores sell for about 45 or $50 i think, about half to order in bulk online from a wholesaler. we have figured at one point that we do end up saving a lot of $ and tons of time and thought but it does hurt to buy 4 or 6 gallons at a time! dropping over $100 in soap, ill ask dh how often we buy, but then we do alot of laundry, or rather he does, hehe. i am thinking now that i was no help at all...sorry, blessings.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$40 or $50 a gallon??? or some bigger jug? I saw it online for $17 a gallon (although I didn't check the shipping)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts