ok i have to share this because it is one of the dumber things that i have ever done and i hope to spare anyone else the trauma. and yes, it involves peppermint soap.
i was in colorado over the summer and we stayed at my in-law's cabin waaay up in the mountains. no running water but there is a natural spring close by. it's a pain in the rump to have to heat the water so i thought i'd just go refresh myself in the beautiful mountain stream.
dd and i hiked to the stream, shucked off our clothes and splashed water all over us. BRRRRRRR! so then, in my infinite wisdom, i got a pitcher of the water and moved away from the stream so that i wouldn't contaminate it with the soap. so i put a little soap on my washcloth and proceeded to wash off with it. oh my goddess, what a mistake. i froze my a$$ off. a cool mountain breeze, dr. bronner's peppermint soap and nothing to rinse with but frigid icy water... hello hypothermia.
we walked back to the cabin and i layed on the couch shaking for 2 hours under every sleeping bag i brought. nightmarish.
so, there's your public service announcement for the day.