Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he spoke quietly & calmly. the assistant followed kaida around the office while i talked to the doctor. they even let her touch things. when it came time to look at her teeth he turned off the overhead lights. not only did she not cry (she cried at all 3 of her visits to her last dentist), she laid still while he used a pick to check her molars! he said he thinks he can fill both molars instead of having to do a pulpotomy & crown on one, though the top 4 front teeth will all come out.

he never said anything about nursing and did not ask me to clarify about immunizations. when kaida asked to nurse after her teeth were looked he just said he would turn away a little (though getting to pick out a toy - bouncy ball! - distracted her.

when we went to schedule the surgery the scheduler gave kaida pens & paper to draw & even let her "type" on her keyboard. i was very happy with how the appointment went & kaida appeared to be happy also.

thanks for the original recommendation! i highly second it!

sarah

ps. for anyone interested, he's on Thomas Johnson Drive in Frederick.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I agree he was great, tho my son is still terrified of all dentist, Dr Camacho was great with him and it wasn't his fault, Sam just HATED the thing in his mouth to keep it open while filling cavitys, but when we couldn't do it the first day he didn't push him and let us come back and try another method, he still didn't get them all done cause SAM was done with it all ( to finish a tooth already drilled Daddy had to help hold him down which broke my heart) But Dr Camacho kept his cool and was talking calmly to Sam telling him why he had to do it.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I was a hygienist for a LONG time ( now happily a SAHM) and I always heard nice things about Dr Camacho. I never seen bad work come out of his office either. Dr Hasson in Mt Airy is another good ped dentist. there are some children who are just prone to decay
blame it on genetics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.