Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are looking to change pediatricians. We met Dr Kupperburg about a year ago, thinking about switching to him but I didn't really get the best 1st impression from him, so we stayed with the pediatrician we had been seeing. Now I am back to wanting to change dr's and I am back to thinking about Dr. Kupperburg. I would like to hear from people who use him as a pediatrician.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
A lot of my friends use him & they've been generally really happy with him... but I also hear his 'bedside manner' is not so great... But he sounds very knowledgeable, especially about vaxes.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
My kids were preteens when we moved to RI, and they are generally healthy and I didn't feel the need to drive way out there to see Kupperberg (we lived in Middletown back then), but I know several people who use him and they think highly of him as a doctor. I have heard that he's a bit gruff and doesn't have much of a sense of humor, but that's all relative.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If your problem is finding someone who's supports non-vaxing than there are other options in RI besides Kupperberg, but I know people see him for other reasons than that.. not sure what you're looking for.

·
Registered
242 Posts
We've been seeing Dr. K since DD was 6 weeks old. I will be the first to admit that is has not always been smooth sailing but I wouldn't trade doctors for the world! He can take some getting used to and I think because we have been seeing him for so long now, he really has warmed up quite a bit. Also I think I feel more comfortable around him, and more confident in myself as a mother who knows her own child better than anyone else.

Part of our past struggle, in a nutshell, was that he wanted to see DD gaining more weight. The last time he said something to be me about it I flat out told him that I know my kid eats well and I also know that she comes from a family of long, lean people, so can't I just have a tall, skinny healthy kid??? He patted me on the back and said, absolutely, he's just doing his job ;)

But his knowledge about homeopathy and other holistic treatment options, his support of our vaxing choices and, most importantly, the way he treats my child (she LOVES him BTW), I would not consider switching.

Good luck with your decision!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.