Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... for three weeks. I just had a mole removed today and it was located on my thigh very close to my crotch, and they had to take a lot of surrounding skin to make sure they got rid of everything and went down deep in the skin... so now I have to take it easy for several weeks so that the stitches inside do not tear.

She said I can do upper body, but no walking, no lower body.

Needless to say, I am very very sad. Really bummed. I feel like this will set my weight loss back and I just feel like I have no control over it. I am having a hard time surrendering to this.

I have anxiety, also, and not exercising is going to be really hard... I won't have any outlet for my anxiety.
And, I will be more anxious because I will be worried about weight gain. I'm tempted to really cut out food for a while so I don't gain weight but that is old eating disorders talking.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I am an eating disorder survivor too.

Ok, some exercises you can do without risking hurting yourself that should give you a decent workout:

Pushups (Do pushups till exaustion everyday or check out http://hundredpushups.com/test.html.)

Sit with your butt off a chair holding yourself up by your arms and slowly lower yourself down as far as you can. Lather rinse repeat.

chin ups and pull ups (these work not only your arms, but your abs and back. Can't do one? Use a chair, and *carefully* hop up into a pull up position and hold until you can't anymore, then SLOWLY lower yourself down. Do as many as possible. Also, do assisted chin ups using a chair.)

Remember that 3 weeks in the grand scheme of things is small, you'll be back to your regular routine in no time.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Does lower body include your abs? If it does, you can't do push-ups.
: that you are only not supposed to move your legs energetically.

You could do the arm motions for aerobics routines. Weight lifting is enough exercise, but as someone who is used to moving more you might get stir crazy if you don't get some cardio in.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh I really feel for you. Today I was able to start walking after 3 weeks of no excercise at all lower or upper, due to surgery to reattach my left retina.
I was so happy to finally get the go ahead to walk.
I was tempted to cut calories too but I just ate normally and didn't gain any weight. Of course I didn't lose any either but thats to be expected.
Try not to stress. The weeks will go by fast. Try to keep busy with other things. Oh and I chewed gum to help with the anxiety of no work-outs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.