Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any info to counter Dr. Sear's book on vaccinations and his recommended delayed schedule? His goal is a fully vaccinated child, which surprises me greatly. My 10 mo. old DS has not been vaccinated and I am trying to decide what I am going to do if anything. I put off my doctor by saying we might start when he is a year old.<br>
Thanks Shannon

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
My suggestion - do not do anything until you are 100% sure that it is what you want to do.<br><br>
My dd started to appease her dh that they would vaccinated at age 2. Well, the child was so healthy that they both started to question, why now at this age? Can vaccines really make the child "healthier"? Well there is nothing that you can inject that will make you healthier of course. Especially not what is in the vaccine needle.<br><br>
I have not read Dr. Sears' book but it has been discussed here in this forum.<br><br>
Personally I feel that since so many parents are opting out of vaccinating their kids, this is just another ploy of big pharma for parents to comply. Why else would these sort of books suddenly be condoned?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I wouldn't bother discussing with a dr. I wouldn't bother "countering" the info. Just wait and do your own research before you make any decision.<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I don't think you need anything to counter his book. I've read it, I think that it very nicely laid out the "facts" as best as any one source can (what the disease is, how prevalent it is, how virulent it is, how treatable it is, what the vax is, ingredients, side effects, controversies) You can read the book and come to three different conclusions: 1. Fully vax 2. Partially vax 3. No vax. And he says that. He does recommend vaxing, yes, but he is also supportive of non-vaxing as long as it is an informed decision. I will never stop researching vaccines. For me it's not a decision I made once and moved on with (like circumcision...I researched it once, decided I was fully against it, and that was it. No fact will change my mind about that, because cirumcision will never change) Vaccines change, diseases change. New research becomes available. So it is an evolving decision for me. Once in a while I read very pro-vaccine books or articles to make sure that I still have a rounded perspective on the issue. If you focus on just one side of the issue, you'll get a biased opinion. Period. If you want to make a true informed decision, research all sides of the issue. And I think his book allows you to do that, or at least start. I'm in the process now of looking up all his citations so I can draw my own conclusions.<br><br>
I guess my point is that you don't have to go looking for ways to counter it. Read it, then draw your own conclusion. I think that was what he intended parents to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found the discussion for this topic on MDC so you don't have to reply if you don't want to.<br>
Thanks Shannon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts