Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Good Morning on this cold Wisconsin day!</p>
<p>I have been looking for a VBAC friendly doctor for a while now to get a second opinion because quiet frankly I dont want to get cut again. It was the most terrifying experiance of my life. In anycase I was recomended Dr. Sheldon Wasserman out of Colombia St. Marys. Can anyone tell me anything about him? Good experiance? Bad Experiance?  Anything you have to offer would be fantastic.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you so much!</p>
<p>Amanda</p>

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
<p>Dr. Wasserman is a legend in this parts for VBAC'ing mommas.  He is simply great! I didn't get to be under his care for my VBAC attempt, but my doula (Coral Slavin) who also owns Well Rounded Maternity, which is a free standing birth center in Milwaukee, highly recommends him!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you are getting push back from your current HCP -keep in mind - ACOG has released new guidance regarding TOL for moms who have had upto 2 C/S and its encouraged to let us try a TOL instead of automatically signing us up for a RCS.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good Luck!</p>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thank you so much. I checked today and my current health insurance covers him. So I think I am going to go a head and make an appointment for at least a consultation. I am not pregnant now, but I would like to try again in August when my daughter will be a year old. So before I do that I would like to have the chance to go over my records with a doctor would consider doing a TOL with me.</p>

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
<p>I absolutely adore Dr. Wasserman.  He delivered my dd who was an attempted vbac that he was very supportive of (things went horribly wrong with me, nothing to do with my care or his recommendations).  His staff is excellent as well.  He is very gentle and really listens to you.  I really love him and drive all the way from Germantown to see him.  (Which seriously sucked at 4am in full contractions!!)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts