·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does your child come into your dreams?<br><br>
When our son was born, up until he was about one year's old,<br>
he would be in either my or my partner's dream, depending<br>
on who held him at the time. I noticed that if he was sleeping on<br>
my chest, he would be in my dreams. If he was sleeping on my partner's chest, he wouldn't be in my dreams but, my partner would say in the morning, had been in her dreams. He would appear in our dreams much as if he was in a sling--that is, he was being carried by us through our own dreams, observing what we though and saw. I was sure at that time that he was seeing the same things in his sleep.<br><br><br>
After he was one year's old, still sleeping with us but most always with us rather than on us, he would come into our dreams<br>
frequently, but on his own terms. He appears in my dreams much like my partner does, meaning he exits and enters freely as if on his own will. He doesn't appear every night in my dreams, but he does appear most every night in the dreams of his mother, who is still breastfeeding him.<br><br>
It's almost as if for the first year he was learning to dream from us by being in physical contact with us at night. I'm not sure what<br>
happened after that. I don't know what he sees in his dreams, but sometimes I am certain that our dreams intersect. I think that<br>
when I see him in my dream, he sees me in his. It's as if he<br>
has his own dreams which we can't see and moves in and out of ours. He speaks and moves as his own man. He literally changes the landscape of the dream that I might be seeing at the moment.<br><br>
His presence is entirely different when I'm on a work trip and sleeping away from our family bed. These nights, he is definitely an image of himself. At best I seem to be seeing him as if I was watching a movie about him.<br><br>
Am I trying to create some myth for myself, or has anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I've had it happen several times that dd and I share dreams. When she started talking I would sometimes wake up from a dream about something and then she would talk in her sleep next to me about the thing I was just dreaming!! It's soo cool! There's definitely a connection that's made when you co-sleep.<br><br>
Darshani

1 - 2 of 2 Posts