Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>It should be about 0c here tomorrow (around 35F) and I want to try to get out with DD for a run. I can't figure out what to dress her in though.... Help! I keep second guessing. Its so much easier when I'm wearing her, but that's hard to run with! lol</p>

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
<p>If you're not going to be wearing her, is she going to be in a stroller or what?  Do you have a stroller bunting or a weather shield or anything of the sort on the stroller? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you weren't planning on running, but just walking to the corner store, what would you be wearing for yourself?  That's typically a good place to start. </p>

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>nak.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, she'll be in a jogging stroller (unless I can't convince myself that she'll be warm enough, and then I'll just walk I suppose... which makes this all moot. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't have a cover for it, but it has a very low canopy, and i think im going to rig up a cover out of a blanket. i also have a bundle me for her carseat, which im just thinking would probably fit through the same strap holes.... hmmm</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just walking i'd wear probably runners, my fleece lined snowpants with nothing underneath (for wind mostly), a t-shirt, hoodie and fleece zipup, and mitts. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>i dont own a snowsuit for her, since she cant wear it in her carseat, but I do have a very thick blanket sleeper type thing. Im thinking that, with a light sleeper on underneath, in her bundle me (if it fits). and obviously a hat. she;ll have a blanket overtop. im also just thinking now about heating up a rice sock and putting it in with her,,, hmmm</p>

·
Registered
726 Posts
<p>I'd put my son in something wool to start with and then layer over it.  <a href="http://www.urthchild.com/nui-organics-organic-wool-bodysuit-romper--nui-body.html" target="_blank">This is a favorite at my house</a>.  Hat of course.  Do you have a windproof, lightweight down jacket or something windproof  you can lay over or use in place of a blanket to keep the wind from getting to your DD?  I would avoid fleece since it can make your baby sweat and therefore chill her (I learned this the hard way with my older one). </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts