Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...7&gid=4453631&

Gotta love wool drip drying. I want a clothes line!!! BAD!!!! We are not allowed to have them in our developement. Growing upw ith a single Mamma, where there was little, and sometimes NO money, everything was dried in the sun. Yummy. That is one of my favorite smells and smelling line dried sheets is just a smell I associate with childhood. WHO OH WHY CAN WE NOT HAVE CLOTHESLINES??????

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaper_Addict_Jen
We are lucky. Our whole neigborhood was built with big ones. I also have 2 retractable ones in the bathroom for my diapers.

SO not fair....do you see how my poor wool has to live??????

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
luckily I live in an older established neighborhood and I can have a clothesline. I guess I can no one can see mine so who cares. I would be so mad if I couldn't have one. I'd probably put up a privacy fence and put one up any way. My single mom or me always line dried our clothes. Most of my friends think I am weird for doing it. But there's something about doing it the way it used to be done. YK? Thinking of my grandma and others before her line drying her clothes. You just don't get that from drying in the drier. Course it's raining here and my clothes are in the dryer now. LOL But I think I line dry because it gives me time to think and reflect on my day. I
:LOL

·
Registered
442 Posts
My neighborhood is the same way.
I had a recomendation just to lay it flat on the grass to dry! But I haven't had to wash mine since I got that recomendation.
I also use pocket dipes and have been just drying those in the house! because it's been raining
but this weekend we may have sun so I'm going to try to dry a load of FBs in the sun tommorrow!

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbellydreams
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that citrus cover! Who made that?

I am going to get yarn this weekend to make my first soaker and I now know exactly what colors I want to look for! Hopefully I can find something with all 3.
Shan form Harlez made it.

I love it too thanks!

Hey all of us once poor gals who had to grow up with stiff line dried towels all have the best exfoliated skin!

Summie

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I feel for you-we live in a rented townhome, a second story with obviously no line either. I use all the little pant hangers I get when buying Colin's clothes and hang 'em all on the balcony railing...we're so sheltered here that there isn't any wind though

Dh is always "worried" people are going to think those are our undies hanging out there.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I'm lucky, I live out in the country so I can have all the clothesline I want. All I have though is one of those square ones. It does it's job.

WOW you have a lot of wool! My 3 wool covers look so pitiful next to all of yours :LOL

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by intensity_too
Geez crimany!!!!!!! That is a whole lotta wool

Oh how I love wool...

In my defense....A lot of those are WIO's...HAHA.
I have three more coming and a pair of longies I am on the wait list for with Susan. Although I have NO longies yet, nor do I have any thicker nightime covers yet, I am excited for those. I *may* sell some of my smaller ones. Not sure yet. I am thinking that I will probably keep them just in case I have another lil cherub. Boys CAN wear pink cashmere!

Luv,
Summie

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri S.
I'm lucky, I live out in the country so I can have all the clothesline I want. All I have though is one of those square ones. It does it's job.

WOW you have a lot of wool! My 3 wool covers look so pitiful next to all of yours :LOL

but remember I do not have many actual diapers. I think I have 18 sugar peas and 1 kiwi tester. Well this does not include my WIO snap ins. I think I have 8 snap in for various diapers. So really not that many diapers.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is pathetic is that stupid deck. I washed and scrubbed it for THREE hours and it still looks like shish. Grrr. I have to go get deck stain today. I wish I would have just bought a condo. Houses are such an upkeep problem.

Oh and don't you just love the smell of things that remind you of Mamma and Grandma? Lily of the Valley and Lilacs are my Grandma. Line dryed sheets my Mamma and Estee perfume. She'd get a bottle once every so many years and wear it on special occasions.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Do you have a little enclosed area outside that you could put up a retractable one? I would look into the wording more on the rules about clotheslines. Maybe it is meant to prohibit ones that stay up. If it were me I would do the retractable kind and if someone complains just say you thought they meant the other kind. There is nothing like that fresh, air-dried smell on clothes!

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkberes
Do you have a little enclosed area outside that you could put up a retractable one? I would look into the wording more on the rules about clotheslines. Maybe it is meant to prohibit ones that stay up. If it were me I would do the retractable kind and if someone complains just say you thought they meant the other kind. There is nothing like that fresh, air-dried smell on clothes!

I want to look into moving.

THe house I want has a brick patio with a brick wall surrounding it ....you better bet your wool bum I'll hand a retractable one there......

Oh and the development laws covered that too.

Listen to this, we are not allowed to have colored curtains facing the street! all curtains must be LINED with white or ivory or you must have fabric blinds. LOL. RULES.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts