Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is going to probably take drivers classes at some point in the next year. (US). How did you handle homeschool records and insurance? Does your insuarnce company give a 'good student' discount, how do you prove 'good student'. Did they accept your own transcript.
DS is early enrollment to college but I'm havent issued an official HS diploma yet- so technically I can do sometype of high school transcript.

This is uncharted waters for me. HELP

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Sorry, no such thing in Canada. Basic universal insurance based on age, accident-free years, and vehicle.

Miranda

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
.Hm, I need to look into this too. Dd is eligible for drivers ed in a few months so I've been meaning to ask around on some of the homeschool groups...I'll let you know what I find out.
Our state has a "dropout prevention" program that ties drivers licences in with school attendence, so I'm sure there's some sort of hoop we'll have to jump through. Ugh.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I was thinking about this. Isn't he attending community college? Why can't you just use his college grades?

Alternatively, it looks like a decent mark on a nationally standardized educational achievement test also works with some insurers. This page has some information that might be helpful.

Miranda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts