Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is drooling like a faucet the last 48 hours. I think her top teeth are on the way! My mom is constantly nagging me to wear a bib on her. She has been since dd was like a month old. I always just wiped her mouth/chin w/ a dipe i kept in my bag, but this new drool is literally soaking her shirt. I just feel like the only bibs i see are huge and cover their clothes and they all say "thank heaven for little girls"...do you wear a drool bib on your dc?

· Registered
3,012 Posts
my oldest ds was a faucet when he was younger (he was on a ventilator for three months after birth, so they say he lost a lot of his swallowing reflex and had to relearn it) - he would literally soak a shirt in a matter of hours. I hated the drool bib look and just invested in lots of t-shirts and dressed him in layers. When the top one got wet, I'd just peel it off and put on another.

· Registered
2,264 Posts
We have had the faucet running since nine weeks and at six months, no teeth yet. Carters' bibs in the 3 or 5 pack are small and I use them for this purpose. You can then change them frequently without changing the baby's clothes. While some are the "thank heaven" and days-of-the-week variety they are mostly inoffensive. BabiesRUs usually has them at a decent price. JC Penney and Sears have them too but their prices are a lot higher.

· Registered
149 Posts
If Elias didn't wear a bib then I would be changing his clothes every hour or so. We usually go through about 6 a day and he just doesn't have that many clothes! I don't think a single one of his says anything about thanking Heaven. He does have I love My Mommy and My Daddy Loves Me bibs. The rest just have stripes or puppies or ducks on them. Even with the bib we still wipe his chin with a burp cloth. Maybe he just makes alot of drool? He does have two teeth already and got them at 4 months. He's 5 months now and the drool hasn't stopped.

· Registered
677 Posts
we use small bibs, usually plain, on days ds is particularly drippy. he doesnt have a very large winter wardrobe so I can't change his shirt that much and i think he gets pretty chilly sitting around in a wet shirt. when it was warmer I didnt worry about it at all.

but m,y mom had been nagging me about it since he was very small and not particularly drooly. wonder what's up with that?

· Registered
148 Posts
For Lucas, a bib has been a necessity since he was about 4 months old. He drools like a faucet, although lately it's been slowing down a bit. He's 8.5 months old, and no teeth in sight! If he didn't wear a bib, I also would have to change his clothes every hour. He drools that much!

I found small-ish, plain, thick terry bibs at Babies R Us. They definitely do the trick.

· Registered
2,535 Posts
my babe jsut turned on the faucet at about 5 months. no teeth in sight. but ds#1 drooled from 4 months until he was 1.5 ys and just started again at 26 months. no idea why. molars? anyhoo, i found a great deal on little bibs at target, but they don't fit around the baby's neck anymore, esp with warm winterclothing. he gets rashes if i don't keep him dry around his neck, so him and big bro are sharing the big bibs now. doesn't look great, but hey, we're not trying to win a pageant (sp?)...

· Registered
2,161 Posts
My baby hasn't reached the teething/drooling stage yet but he spits up so much and in such great quantities that he has to constantly wear a bib. Otherwise I'd be changing his clothes all day. He's already on his 6th or 7th bib today!

Anyhow, I have a bunch of cheap bibs for home and a few nicer, cute ones for going out. Bibs like this aren't cheap, but if one of your concerns is you don't like the way they look then you just haven't found the cute ones yet!

· Registered
2,938 Posts
I had some custom made from Muttaqin. They're GN/girly. They do have some light staining, but I never tried to get it out. 3 are hemp w/pastel rainbow serging. 1 is ice cream cones w/pink serging. All are micro fleece on the back so that they don't soak through. They worked great. If you're interested in them, you can pm me. I'd probably want $5ppd for all 4 of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.