Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear that my belly looks/feels lower, but I'm not so convinced that the girls have "dropped" so much as I just think they're that heavy now!!! At my last u/s the est. weight was around 7 1/2 lbs for each, and while I know that can be off - I wouldn't put it past my body to grow 8 lb twins... (I was almost 9 lbs, dh was almost 10 and big babies... 11lbs, 14 lbs, etc... run in our families)<br><br>
The past few days, I'm sure they hit another growth spurt - ravenous hunger and an unfathomable need for sleep for a few days, then another few days of itchy, stretchy belly...<br><br>
Is there a way to tell if they really did drop? Does is really mean much if they did???

·
Registered
478 Posts
Isn't the dropping when the baby's head descends into the birth canal a bit? For me I know she did because if I reach up into my vagina (not very far either) I can feel her head, which I couldn't before. Can you feel a head? is one of the babies head down? Because if not then I'd say they're just feeling heavy. There wouldn't be anywhere for them to drop if not into the birth canal.<br><br>
Also, I'm getting shooting pains down the inside of my thighs from a weird position and also I'm peeing and pooping alll the time, which I didn't do before. Plus I can breathe. Those are my signs but I only have one baby in here!<br><br>
ILANA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts