Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at 31 weeks and I'm starting to feel a lot more pressure in my pelvis. Today she was hanging out ON my bladder again, and it felt like she was punching me in the cervix.

She already has a personality

So, I was thinking that she's "dropped;" a bit early, but not too bad.

At the same time, I'm still feeling really uncomfortable up top.

What the heck is going on?

· Registered
407 Posts
lightening usually comes with a lot of relief of that rib and upper abdomen discomfort, so it sounds more like your baby is just getting bigger and maybe shifted positions a bit so that she can reach places she hasn't before? i'm carrying really low this pregnancy (after 3 previous kids, my uterus will never be the same), but i also think that my lo is transverse, or at least diagonal, so i'm still pretty comfortable.
my guess is that position is the key at this point.

edited to add: i feel you on the the cervix punching -- it is SUPER annoying! i swore dd2 was trying to poke her way out early!

· Registered
5,151 Posts
My previous kids were carried pretty low, and they punched my cervix a LOT, from very early on. It wasn't the same as dropping though. Yes, they can get down further!

When Aaron dropped, it was 35 weeks, and someone at church noticed that my belly was sitting way lower. I never got rib shots with either baby, so didn't have that discomfort (don't shoot me!), because they were SO low. But they did still have room to go lower.

Your baby probably just went vertex and maybe was a bit transverse before. I'm definitely more comfy when baby is transverse or at least that diagonal that's *almost* vertex but not quite. When baby gets vertex, I feel him up high and down low, and the cervix and bladder punches happen much easier.

· Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I just posted about this yesterday in the general pregnancy forum. I've been feeling a ton of pressure really low, and was a little worried. It isn't painful, but just like she's about to fall out! She punches my cervix and bladder tons, yet still has her feet up in my ribs too.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Baby's been head down since like 25 weeks, and while I"m not getting kicked in the ribs it feels like everything is really squished up high, I can't slouch, it's uncomfortable to sit up, etc.

Late pregnancy is hard!

· Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Late pregnancy is for sure hard, I agree!

I keep wondering if my body is just stretched out more because with my first pregnancy my son was always way up high in my ribs (I'd actually have to take my hand and slowly push his left foot out of my ribs and then he'd promptly put it back LOL, it's just how he slept when he came out too which is kinda cute to think about!) but this boy is much lower. By this time last time I had tons of heartburn and I haven't had ANY at all yet. Yet!
I'm sure I will eventually. I definitely have more of a waddle this time because he is so low, but I really prefer low to high, I think it fits my body better.

· Registered
45 Posts
My midwife recommends pelvic rocks to help get the baby off the bladder. Actually, she recommends it for everyone.

To get on your hands and knees and let your belly fall forward out of your pelvis and then (slowly) pull your butt in to make a flat back. Do that a few times.

Also, I will put my elbows on the ground and let my belly fall out a bit.

I think it helps with the bladder pressure. I do it each night before going to bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.