Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a sure fire way to know for certain if your child is dropping a nursing session? I think Marsha may be trying to tell me she no longer wants her bed time nursing which I find is suprising from what I've read so far. Don't most sources say that before sleeping nursing sessions are the last to go?

The past couple weeks she's been much less interested in the session. Tonight she didn't nurse at all. I was going to offer but she rolled over and started sucking her thumb and fell asleep even before I got over to the bed from cracking the bathroom door for light! Other times I"ll offer and she will not take one side then I'll offer the other side and she might take it byut often times just for a few minutes or less.

She hasn't regularily nursed herself to sleep in quite a while. I will nurse her then she will unlatch and suck her thumb instead.

I don't know what to do or think. *sniffle* my baby is growing up, I guess!
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she still has a nice long session upon waking up after her night's sleep and will have a decent amount during the day. Maybe it's just that my supply isnt' as good as the day and night wears on? I should drink more water , I've been bad about that lately.

Thanks for the hugs and consolation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.