Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARGH! When I am pregnant (also premenstrual) I get such terrible dropsy. I was just washing dishes and broke four (yes four) glasses. I broke a plate two nights ago and when pregnant with my daughter I dropped our digital camera and broke the zoom function.
: This is getting old...

· Registered
709 Posts
I hear ya! In addition to dropping things all over the place, yesterday I spaced out while making the turn into our driveway and misjudged the space, putting a big ol' crack in the front bumper.
: I'm not usually so out of it...

· Registered
598 Posts
I've been good with dropping and ::knock on wood:: driving SO FAR this pregnancy! last time though!! I got into a car accident comeing up to the toll on my way to my first prenatal yoga class! The little old man infront of me was so sweet and I only tapped him so it was no biggy but it REALLY upset me! I also ran a few red lights and stopped at green ones last time around

"Placenta brain" (as my mw calls it) on the other hand... some times I forget what I'm saying midscentence!

· Registered
184 Posts
i have found i am dropping a lot of stuff lately but nothing breakable. so far.

DP on the other hand, is a total basketcase. he is a furniture maker and within ONE week he had to have stitches in the middle finger of his left hand from a joiner blade, SHOULD have had stitches in his thumb from a chisel, and had a gash on his forehead from hitting himself in the head with a piece of wood.

i told him no more bleeding! it was when i was really sick with MS too, so i couldn't even look at his hand. ick.. and i am not usually queasy about those things..

· Registered
87 Posts
I've heard that your brain actually shrinks 10% during pregnancy. I believe it. With my last pregnancy I almost turned into a car coming at me from the opposite direction. Had it not been for my friend in the passengers seat to yell at me... who knows.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
You know, my (extended) family thought I was crazy because I voluntarily stopped driving at night or for any unnecessary trips toward the end of my pregnancy, and until DS was about 7 months old. (He was a dreadful, awful, non-sleeping infant!)

Still, I'm sure I kept us safe by making that decision!

It also helps me put my actions where my political opinions are, environmentally speaking, as does the advanced age of my poor old car (1994 Ford.)

--willo

· Registered
1,874 Posts
I have never heard of the term "dropsy" and I thought initially that you were announcing that you had diarrhea (like "the runs"
: )! But I quickly figured it out and can totally relate to the dropsy part! I twist my ankles, I bang my kids into the doorframes, I drop plates, glasses, food, you name it! It gets tiring, really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.