Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS goes in for his 4month checkup tomorrow. I'm still researching vaxes and as of now I'm kicking myself that hr ever got his 2month shots. So I'm telling the dr tomorrow that I want to "delay" them. And now I'm hearing that IL is a tough state to delay/not vax in. I'm getting nervous about tomorrow, what can i expect?<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
19,111 Posts
I used to live in IL and knew many people who delayed or didn't vax. I don't remember people having a hard time. The IL equivalent of Child Protective Services (can't remember the name of the agency) is prohibited from hassling parents because of non-vaxing.<br><br>
You may have problems with school, although there are exemptions available, but you have a few years before you hit that problem!<br><br>
Good luck dealing with the doctor.<br><br>
Deborah

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in IL and we "delay" (dd is 20 mo.). From my experience, it's not necessarily the state but the Dr. you have (we've lived in two different states since dd was born). In both states we've been asked not to return unless we vax, and we've been turned away from the very start when we've disclosed that we aren't vaccinating. My advice: keep looking for a Dr. that respects your decision. It is not easy and it takes time, but it's certainly worth it in my opinion.<br><br>
Good luck.<br><br>
Also - Deborah is right, DCFS cannot investigate solely on the fact that you don't vaccinate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts