Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with their food? Thoughts? I'm going homemade ASAP, because my dogs and one cat started getting sick all of a sudden, and I suspect their food (they eat the same brand..and that cat also is known to snack on the dog food.) I've been pretty happy with them as a source for other pet products. I sent them an email about their source for ingredients, and this is their reply:<br><br>
"Thank you for your interest in Drs. Foster & Smith. Our foods are made with<br>
fruits and vegetables that are purchased from USDA-certified vendors, and are<br>
the same quality as those purchased at grocery stores.<br><br>
The chicken used in Drs. Foster & Smith dry cat and dog foods is hormone and<br>
steroid-free and comes from USDA-inspected facilities. The lamb used in Drs.<br>
Foster & Smith dry cat and dog foods comes from Australia and New Zealand; it is<br>
hormone and steroid-free. It is also considered free of Bovine Spongiform<br>
Encephalopathy (BSE) and is the only lamb source accepted by European Community<br>
countries.<br><br>
The chicken used in the Drs. Foster & Smith canned cat and dog foods comes from<br>
Canadian food processing facilities and is hormone and steroid-free. The lamb<br>
used in Drs. Foster & Smith canned cat and dog foods comes from Australia and<br>
New Zealand and is hormone and steroid-free. Like the lamb used in the dry food,<br>
it is considered BSE-free, and is the only lamb source accepted by European Community countries. Chicken meal is purchased from USDA-approved plants<br>
and is hormone and steroid-free. "

1 - 1 of 1 Posts