Mothering Forum banner

Are Drs. in your area dismissing alternative and non vaxers?

• Yes

Votes: 71 54.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 36.9%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 11 8.5%
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1,390 Posts
I haven't seen this at the practice I go to. (in Rhode Island)We delay/selective vax. Our pedi actually asked me what my thoughts were on vaxes at the first visit and agrees that there are too many given all at once and possibly too many in general. When we go to a wbv, (haven't been to many due to the delayed vaxing), he lets me know which are "due", his opinion on it and asks if I want them. If I say no, than that's it. No more talk. They are very open to making our own vax schedule, splitting up combined vaxes (such as mmr), or simply skipping them altogether. I may have just lucked out on a good doc.

· Registered
4,379 Posts
I know most docs around here do kick people out for not vaxing, so I looked for a ped who doesn't. I don't particularly like the office, but at least they are fine with my choices and don't give me a hard time. I'm in TN right now.

I recently tried out a family doc for myself and possibly the kids and he was cool too. His philosophy was "they're your kids, you decide what's best." and he also said "Vaccines aren't without risks of their own." I was glad to be in the presence of an enlightened MD. He even mentioned he knows some MDs who don't vax their kids!

I've always been able to find someone. Our ped in Florida was okay with selective/delayed vax, and actually advocated a modified schedule. But I certainly see a trend against parental choice on this issue. I think some family docs might be more open minded than peds.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.