Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something I am wondering about...<br><br>
Now that my son has reached "potty-training" age without being an EC graduate, I've been looking at conventional potty training information for other ideas. One thing that seems fairly consistent is that with conventional training, it seems children are expected to be dry during the day first, but that nap-time and night-time dryness happen later. That seems to be the opposite of children with EC experience; we were always good at catching the after-nap eliminations, so my son has been dry during his naps for most of his life, and he almost never wets at night, unless he is exhausted or has a food reaction. Some of the readiness signs, etc. in conventional potty training make sense when I look at non-EC practicing children, but I'm curious about people's experiences with night-time dryness, or lack thereof.

·
Registered
483 Posts
We were late starters at 9 months or so. We have the daytime down. We're getting up dry from naps alot. We're wet at night. I'm interested to hear how the non-late starters respond. You pose a delimma.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts