Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....I've been paring down my cleaning "necessities" over the past several months.
The one laundry extra that I can't seem to give up are dryer sheets. I've been getting the ones that are free of dyes and perfumes, but I'd love to get rid of them altogether.

The reason I'm still using them is that I *hate* static in my laundry. Is there a more natural/less wasteful alternative that will eliminate static in my dryer? I've seen these "dryer balls" that you can buy....but it looks like they're just good for softening and helping single items dry faster.

Help please.......

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link.
It still sounds like there's some static in the clothes...just not as much as not using anything.

Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Vinegar rinse in in the washer reduces static. A ball of crumpled aluminum foil (heavy-duty premium kind only) is great for static - place it in the dryer with clothes.. You can use tennis balls too (also in dryer).

Honestly, I've been using just baking soda to wash my clothes and that's been enough to stop static and make my clothes soft. I'll add some lavender or tea tree oil and it's been making my clothes soft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts