Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br><br>
Question for all you experienced CD-ers. I currently use dryer sheets (Snuggle Brand) for our regular family laundry. I would like to continue to use them for family laundry, just NOT when drying DS-to-be's CDs. However, I had read somewhere (on-line, I think) that there may be dryer sheet residue in my dryer, and it could cause a problem.<br><br>
I really like using the dryer sheets. DD & I have very sensitive skin, and need to use a Free & Clear detergent. The dryer sheets don't bother us at all, but they give the clothes a nice fresh scent (that Free & Clear detergent just doesn't). They also help with that awful static-cling that we get through the entire LONG winter.<br><br>
Anyone have an answer? <b>Will dryer sheet residue in the dryer from previous loads of laundry affect CDs that are NOT dried with a dryer sheet?</b> I'm planning to buy some dryer balls for CD loads. I'm just puzzled and curious, and certainly don't want to ruin any CDs!<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the answer is YES, because the residue gets on the dryer itself and not just the clothing.<br><br>
I have just sucked up static-y clothing.<br><br>
But why not give it a shot - you won't ruin your diapers - worst case, they'll start to repel/stink and you'll have to strip your diapers and your dryer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts