Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what kind of VB AIO's to get; quick dry or internal soaker. I was under the assumption that drying your AIO's in the dryer will reduce the life of the PUL and reduce wicking. I have a few used quick dry AIO's that tend to wick pretty quickly. I do not know how the previous owner cared for them, but I have been letting the shells air dry.

So how do you dry your AIOs? If you have used the dryer, how are they holding up?

Which do you prefer, QD or internal soaker?

· Registered
782 Posts
Personally, I prefer quick dry. I hang the shells to dry, but if I'm in a hurry, I just toss them in the dryer and stop it to make sure they aren't dry.

If yours wick, I spray mine with waterproof spray. It's really bad to inhale the fumes of the spray, so if you want to do this, I would do it outdoors and cover your mouth and nose with a hanky. But.... once it dries, it's safe. I wash it at least 24 hours after spraying, before use.

hth,

Teri

· Registered
2,000 Posts
I put everything but wool in the dryer. I'm just too lazy to remove and hang stuff up. I have VB AIOs of both kinds, an internal soaker and a snap-in soaker. I dry both of them in the dryer first on a low heat setting (after that cycle I remove the AIO shells (except VB one which takes longer to dry even without the internal soaker) and pockets and then I run another dryer cycle with the next load of laundry - usually a regular heat cycle. So far I haven't had any problems with the AIOs but I have only had them for about 6 weeks. They seem to be made really well and I never have any problem with my Fuzzi Bunz drying them this way.

· Registered
989 Posts
We prefer quick drying AIO's and have a Qd version of Very babies. We too machine dry all our diapers. Have never had many problems with wicking. If it is a concern for you, I would definatly go with the Qd version and hang dry the shells.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.