Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We have been TTC for a few months now. I have 28-day cycles and they last 5 days on an average (+/-0.5 days). I usually get very nice mucus just around day 10 or so and it lasts well past day 16. This time, we did the BD on days 12 and 13 and my hubby noticed that I was getting drier by the time we finished. Day 14 and Day 15 have been dry too. I usually see OPK+ on day 13 or 14 sometimes Day 15.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This dryness is bothering me. We have used Preseed in months past. But not always. One thing I do notice is that when we do use Preseed, the cycle after that is heavy and has a lot of black stuff coming out. If I do not use Preseed, the cycle flow is has it always has been (pre TTC) without any of that black stuff. So, we are reluctant to use Preseed anymore but the dryness is affecting BD and more than that, it is freaking me out as it is so unusual.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome. Thanks in advance.</p>
<p>Cheers</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<p>Forgot to add -</p>
<p> </p>
<p>OPK- as tested on Day 13, Day 14. Day 15 test to be done this AM.</p>

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
<p>Do you chart? I would be able to help more with that...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I would just say you might be ovulating later this month... not a big deal, just keep BDing until you're pretty sure you've O'd. And if you don't get a BFP this month, start charting. It will give you a more clear idea of exactly when you are Oing. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yeah, the preseed thing does not sound normal... I've never used it but I know a lot of people that have and never heard of that happening. I would quit using it as well.</p>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Thank you for your prompt response/comments. I do not know how to chat - what chat program to use, etc. So, let me add a few more data here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This AM (around 11; D15), OPK is still negative. I did chart when we first started TTC. The Cycles were very regular and I saw OPK+ on Day 13 or 14 and only once in 7 months of testing, on Day 15.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We charted BBT as well as OPK results. Did not follow CM, cervix position, or saliva changes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBT spikes typically around D+12.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Our BD has been targeted typically, anywhere from D-2 to D+3 of the OPK+ result and varied days in between. At least in one cycle, we went daily. Otherwise, based what I had read elsewhere, we took a breather for my hubby's swimmers to accumulate.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At my insistence, I got an ultrasound done to and it was normal. We were told that if we were still unsuccessful, they would do a dye test (but only after 1 full yr of trying). We do have a few months to go. We did do a home sperm analysis and the swimmers seem to be quite energetic and in the right numbers. My hubby does have 2 kids from a prior marriage. But is still anxious to do a formal analysis. But, in our state, it has to be ordered by a physician. Insurance coverage is another matter I am sure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts