Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds who is almost 13months has somehow chipped his front tooth. They r not even all the way down yet. Will I have to have something done for this or will it be ok? u can see that the enamal is totally broke away showing the different color under part (sorry dont know the technical term)
I swear he is all the time bumping his head and face learning to walk.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
It might not be an actual chip, but rather a defect in his enamel. Ds has this on his front tooth as well, and it was there as soon as the tooth came in. The ped said it looked like a defect in the enamel (a friend who is a dental hygienist agreed) and said it was nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
When my babe was first pulling himself up, he fell against the coffee table and chipped his front tooth. He hasn't had any problems with it and it hasn't discolored or anything niether.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
my ds chipped his front tooth. i have a dentist friend so i had him look at it. he said it will discolor where the enamel is gone and has exposed the material underneath.

it won't be cavity-prone or anything but he said we could have it filled since ds will have the tooth for so long. he said it is only an easy 15 minute procedure but he won't do it because we need to go to a pediatric dentist. they are fully focused on dealing with kids and distraction, etc.

i haven't taken him in yet but i probably will soon when we have the money. i'm worried about more of the tooth chipping off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.